Section 13 (1) of the Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices Act, Cap 219 provides for establishment of Technical Committees to advise the Director General on technical matters related to TMDA. The TMDA has established the following Technical Committees:
- Human Medicines Registration Technical Committee
- Veterinary Medicines Registration Technical Committee
- Medical Devices and Diagnostics Registration Technical Committee
- Clinical Trials Control Technical Committee
- Pharmacovigilance Technical Committee
Experts from academia, industry and research institutes have been appointed by DG to serve in these Committees. They essentially provide professional advice and expertise on matters related to TMDA functions. Members of the Committee are required to be prudent, transparent, independent, faithful and committed to their professional ethical conduct.