TMDA laboratory serves both internal and external customers within the country as well as those from abroad. Some of these external customers include:
- Government institutions and Ministries;
- Product manufacturers;
- Importers and distributors;
- Wholesalers and retailers;
- International organizations (e.g. WHO); and
- Any other customer (local or international) requiring services offered by the laboratory.
TMDA Quality Control Laboratory offers various services including:
- Analysis of samples;
- Training on technical issues and laboratory quality management systems; and
- Consultancy services which are offered in the areas of laboratory matters and quality management systems applicable to testing laboratories e.g. ISO/IEC 17025, Good Laboratory Practices, etc.
Analysis of samples
Laboratory performs analysis of different types of medicines, medical devices, diagnoxstics, disinfectants and antiseptics. The Quality Control testing is performed against national and international standards such as Pharmacopoeias, ISO standards, etc. Testing results are released within a period of 20 working days, in accordance with the TMDA Client Service Charter.
TMDA laboratory offers various trainings regarding laboratory operations and systems (applicable to the testing laboratories), to stakeholders including the students of higher learning institutions. These trainings could be in the form of attachments, short courses, tours, internships, and field work. Trainings are conducted at a fee charged to the participants except for those which are usually provided to the students.