TANZANIA MEDICINES AND MEDICAL DEVICES AUTHORITY
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR SHORTLISTING EVALUATORS OF MEDICINES
- Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices Authority (TMDA) is an Executive Agency under the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children established under the Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices Act, Cap.219. TMDA is responsible for controlling of quality, safety and effectiveness of medicines, medical devices and diagnostics.
- The overall objective of the assignment is to shortlist qualified Tanzanians who will be engaged in evaluation of medicines applications and applications to conduct clinical trials within the Directorate of Medical Products Control for the current financial year (2020 – 2021).
- The scope of assignment shall be but not limited to the following:
- Evaluation of drug registration dossiers, focusing on the following technical areas:-
- Administrative and Product Information Including Product Labelling;
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API);
- Finished Pharmaceutical Product (FPP);
- Non-Clinical Study Reports; and
- Clinical Study Reports (Safety and Efficacy Data and Bioequivalence Studies Data).
- Evaluation of Clinical study protocols submitted for application to conduct clinical trials in Tanzania Mainland.
- Review of safety, efficacy and quality data of registered products.
- Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices Authority (TMDA) now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned service.
- Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to offer the required service as follows: -
- Qualification requirement preferably in Pharmacy; Human or Veterinary Medicine; Herbal Medicines; Medical engineering; Microbiology; Biochemistry; Pharmacology and Toxicology; Molecular Biology and Biotechnology; Chemistry or relevant science degree;
- Possession of registration to practice issued by a relevant Professional Body; and
- The description and experience of undertaking similar assignment in the last three years.
- Interested consultants with the requisite competencies are hereby invited to submit the following:
- A cover letter expressing interest;
- A detailed CV indicating relevant experience;
- Certified copies of a degree certificate and registration with relevant professional body.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information from TMDA Sub Office which is located Off Nelson Mandela Road, Mabibo External, Dar es Salaam from 8.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive, except on public holidays.
- Expression of interest documents should be submitted in plain envelope clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR EVALUATION OF MEDICINES” addressed to the Director General, Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices Authority, Off Nelson Mandela Road, Mabibo External, P.O. Box 77150, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- The deadline for submission is 14.00 hours local time on Friday 17th July, 2020. Late submission of Expression of Interest shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of circumstances.
To protect and promote public health by ensuring quality, safety and effectiveness of medicines, medical devices, diagnostics and other health related products.