THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
TANZANIA MEDICINES AND MEDICAL DEVICES AUTHORITY
ISO 9001: 2015: CERTIFIED
13th July, 2023
INTENTION FOR CANCELLATION OF PRODUCTS WITH PENDING RETENTION FEES
- Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices Authority (TMDA) would like to remind all Marketing Authorization Holders (MAHs) that according to Section 16 of the Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices (Registration of Medicinal Products) Regulations, 2015, payment of annual retention fees should be effected before 31st of January of each calendar year.
- Furthermore, Section 55 (1b) of the Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices Act, Cap. 219 empowers the Authority to cancel the registration of products whose retention fees have not been paid.
- In view of this, MAH who have not paid the retention fees of their products are reminded to do so within three (3) months from the date of this notice.
- Thereafter, the Authority shall be compelled to cancel the registration of all products that will have not been paid for. After cancellation, the MAH who wishes to continue marketing a product whose registration has been cancelled will be required to make new applications accompanied by appropriate documentation and payment of prescribed fees.
- Your cooperation on this matter is highly appreciated to avoid unnecessary consequences.
Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices Authority (TMDA),
P.O. Box 1253 Dodoma Phone +255262961989/90