Posted On: Jan 25, 2022
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
TANZANIA MEDICINES AND MEDICAL DEVICES AUTHORITY
ISO 9001: 2015 CERTIFIED
20th January, 2022
EXTENSION OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS NOTIFICATION DEADLINE
- Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices Authority (TMDA) would like to inform its esteemed customers dealing with tobacco products that the deadline for notification of their products to the Authority has been extended up to 31st March 2022.
- This notice, therefore, serves to remind manufacturers, importers, wholesalers and distributors of tobacco products who have not yet notified their products to the Authority to do so before the stated deadline.
- The notification process is now available via TMDA’s online notification portal accessible through our website: www.tmda.go.tz. The notification should be done by using the designated Tobacco Notification Form which can be accessed here.
- Tobacco products that are not notified by end of the extended period will not be allowed to circulate into the market of Tanzania.
- The TMDA further wishes to remind that the concerning tobacco products that are referred include the following:
- Processed tobacco leaves, extracts of tobacco leaves, cigarettes, cigars, and cigarius;
- Hand rolling tobacco and other smoking tobacco products such as pipe tobacco;
- Any chewing tobacco which is manufactured wholly or partly from tobacco or any substance used as a substitute of tobacco;
- E-cigarettes; and
- Any other related products containing nicotine.
Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices Authority (TMDA),
P. O. Box 1253, Dodoma or P. O. Box 77150, Dar es Salaam
Tell: +255-658 445222/777 700002