THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA MINISTRY OF HEALTH, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, GENDER, ELDERLY AND CHILDREN
TANZANIA MEDICINES AND MEDICAL DEVICES AUTHORITY
ISO 9001: 2015 CERTIFIED
EXISTENCE ON THE MARKET OF FALSIFIED ALBEN BLUE 2.5% BATCH NO. 019394
- TMDA would like to notify the general public that through its surveillance system we have encountered a falsified product by the name of ALBEN BLUE 2.5% Batch No. 019394 purported to be manufactured by Nerix Pharma for Vetagro and Pulper Co. Ltd Nairobi, Kenya.
- The confiscated batch with a manufacturing date of Nov. 2019 and expiring date of Oct. 2022 was detected to be falsified due to inconsistency in the appearance of the container labels of the product.
- The suspected batch was subjected to laboratory analysis and the results revealed that the batch does not contain the claimed active pharmaceutical ingredient.
- The accused have been reported to the respective nearest Police Stations and investigation is ongoing to identify all those involved in the manufacture, distribution and sale of this falsified batch in the country.
- The discrepancies of information on the container label between the genuine and falsified product are as shown in the table below: -
FALSIFIED PRODUCT DETAILS
GENUINE PRODUCT DETAILS
Colour of the cap
Colour of the label with animals painted
The appearance of the label (Falsified)
The appearance of the label (Genuine)
- In connection to this, all farmers including the general public are directed to be extra vigilant and scrutinize the labels to detect the falsified product and report to any nearby TMDA office or a police station.
- The Authority will continue to conduct regular post marketing inspections to detect any other substandard and falsified products that might cross borders and reach our market.
- The public is further urged to report any suspected substandard or falsified medical product that they may encounter including all unscrupulous dealers engaged in the illegal and unlawful manufacturing, smuggling and selling of such kind of products for prompt regulatory actions to be taken by the Authority.
Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices Authority (TMDA),
PSSSF Building, Block T, 10th Floor,
P. O. Box 1253, Dodoma Or
P. O. Box 77150, Dar es Salaam
Phones: +255 22 2452108/2450512/2450751
Fax: +255 22 2450793